Thursday, October 3, 2013

L-A

Names intrigue me. People fascinate me. Weird kid's names baffle me. The Pre-K 'squad' was talking on the playground today and we discussed bizarre kiddo's names.

 I truly have little room to talk about child names....my son's name is TWO letters different from my husbands' name...I stupuidly told Husby he could name our son if we ever had one...the man has like 4 sisters...the chances of us having a boy were so slim I never imagined our poor babe being named after his father. And having the same birthday date. And being an identical clone of him... 

 I digress. 

 Here were some names that were discussed. All I could do was shake my head and open my mouth. I was rendered speechless. Yes, document this, it's a big deal! 

*(I would also like to add at this point in time that NONE of these names listed are students at the school I work at!)*

 Etalie (Pronounced Italy). WOW.

Heavenly Angel...ironically she was more like Diablo according to the 'source'.

 Abcd...(Pronounced Ab-cee-dee). True story. 

 OH MY FAVORITE: Asslie. How would one pronounce that you ask? "Ash-lie". Clearly her parents were NOT hooked on phonics. 

 Xiomalise (Pronounced So-ma-lies...rhymies with tamales...) 

 L-A You read that right. L-A. Pronounce it as you see it. LA DASH A. I am not making this up. You can imagine my delight in this. 

 Brain. But wait! The parents meant to name him BRIAN. But they never got around to changing it. Ever. 

 Benjamin Dover. Innocent enough. Until you abbreviate Benjamin....to Ben. And his name is now Ben Dover. Read it out loud. Twice. 

Lemonjello and Orangejello. Another tragically true story. These parents had a bit of a fetish with jello. I'M SERIOUS.  And they pronounced them (La-mon-gel-o and Or-ahn-gel-o)

 And to think, I was worried my poor son would be teased because he was named after his daddy. (Not that there's anything wrong with it...it's jut not original or creative to copy a name in my opinion...but what do I know? I just had the baby. Clearly my part is done!) 

 Let's be honest, I'm scared to know what these 'educated' parents named their PETS. 

 Lord help us. 



 Peace, Love, Bingo was my name O! XOXO Shanequah

1 comment:

  1. So weird! 4 of us teachers were discussing this in the hall yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete