Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Holy Roller

My beloved aide is married to a great man. How do I know? Well, ya'll already know the ticket to my heart, soul, and very essence is through food. (I know, it's a miracle I'm not 438 pounds!) 

 The point of all of this is...this...Adam Myers is the co-owner of Burn BBQ and he lovingly supplied our starving staff with lunch on Patriot's Day this year. 

Describing this delightful dining experience is one almost beyond words. My only complaint is that I didn't eat it sooner! 

 I'll start from the beginnig of my plate. Does that make sense? Bear with me, ya'll. 



The coleslaw was crispy yet creamy. Pure delight in every bite. (OHMIWORD, I'm on FIRE today!) 

 There was a mix of peppers, onion, potatoes, and you guessed it, BACON. MELTED in my mouth. 

 The brisket was smokey, 'barbeque-y', and not fatty at all, which is fantastic because meat in itself grosses me out. Unless it's bacon. Or zero fat. Fatty meat is chewy and gross. But this brisket was faaaaaaar from it. I could not get enough in my mouth fast enough. 

 Baked beans were a marriage of ranch style beans and barbeque goodness. SWOON! 

 And now for the grand finale! I give you, the "FATTY".


 I have renamed this the Holy Roll. Behold the meaty goodness. It is a tube of smoked sausage wrapped in 'all the meats'-- think brisket-- and then wrapped in---wait for it, BACON. MY-LANTA! It was all I could do to keep the thing in my mouth and not dance for joy. 

Tighter pants and happier thoughts later, I am so so so glad Mr. Myers decided to upgrade his current tiny establishment to a much larger (with a bar!), bigger kitchen restaurant. The kitchen will be fantastically wiiiiide open so you can literally watch the boys do their BBQ-y magic. 

 Thank You Burn BBQ Co. for the life changing experience. I can't wait to visit you daily. Seriously. 

 18th and Boston is the new location-- ya'll have GOT to stop by when their move is complete! (Some time in the next few weeks!) 

 Fat and happy, 
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment