Thursday, August 22, 2013

Drive Thru

To the man next to me in traffic who just watched me caveman devour my Braums burger: if you had a day or WEEK as fantastic as mine, you'd probably feel so bad for me you would have bought my meal. Not watch in horror as I inhale cheesy bacon deliciousness just like the old school Carls Jr. commercials...minus Jessica Simpson or any other 'hot girl'. 

I digress. 

Let's start with just today. Shall we?  It was the first day of school. But Pre-K teachers assess students the first two days. So I spent my day in an uncooled (thank you TPS) classroom coaxing frightened children to tell me their names...colors...and observe how they do away from their parents. You can imagine my pure delight when one friend wouldn't come out from under the table. I had to assess him crouched on the floor. Sweating. In a dress. Fun. My colleague walked by my room and literally did a double take. 

There was a sweet boy who spoke not alick  of English. The only way to coax him to go with me was to ask him if he wanted candy. In Spanish. Which is not my native tongue by any means. So he probably thought I was offering him floor wax instead of a Rollo but whatever. He followed. 

I did learn so much about my little Loves and I'm excited to start a new year without being in labor. But I'm already exhausted. And that was just today. Let me rewind for you. 

Turtle's birthday was celebrated at Urgent Care due to the 'hand foot and mouth disease' he contracted from the birthday party I threw him this past Saturday.


What a fun party favor! I had to call all of my friends and explain to them the lovely herpes like rash all over their children's bodies is just HFM disease. No big deal.

 

I was assured the wonderful side effects would 'wear off on their own'. Nice. Still waiting. So are alllll the other kids who came. Do you think it would be crass for me to invite them to Bee's 2nd birthday in literally four weeks?  I could offer bubble suits to wear. Ugh. 

And one would think my story is done. But alas it is not. Let me rewind some more to Saturday. I'll just give you the highlights. Turtle had a splendid birthday ony to be overshadowed by Bee's raving UTI. FOUR HOURS in Urgent Care, flat tire, hunt for a pharmacy that is open an carries the 'rare antibiotic' prescribed, and an extremely feverish toddler later, I am able to collapse into sleep only to relive how they strapped 'pee bags' to my poor baby girl because she refused to provide a pee sample. Twice. 

Yesterday I waited patiently at the Sams Club pharmacy for two hours. And walked out with so many prescriptions they actually offered me a bag. 


YOU trying to explain to a stranger that you are picking up RX's for three different people. With these birthdays: 8/21; 9/21; and  01/21. Oh and two of these people are 'Zach'. You're welcome.

What will next week bring?!

Hoping a stranger will buy me a burger...(NOT in a creepy way...)
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment