Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Ninja KICK!

So. I live on the wild side. I'm always up for an adventure. I thrive on living on the edge. When Bestie LaLa (previously Bestie Aide) asked me to accompany her to a quiet, uneventful park day I was down like a clown. (I know y'all missed my ridiculous phrases!)

I showed up, two excited people in tow. We were ready for a safe, fun day. Then I got gutsy. 

Kids were having a blast. Bee hopped onto this: 

It's called a spinner. And I almost died on it. 

You stand on the bottom circle and hold onto the top circle. For dear life. And you spin. 

Let me pause to remind you of two things. 1). I left my job in March. I have ZERO health insurance. 2). I outweigh my almost three year old by a gazillion pounds.  More weight= faster you go. I tried explaining inertia to Bestie Aide but I'm quite sure I lost her at inertia. 

Bee hops on and looks so cute! 'Mommy, you go!'  Sure! No problem. Whatever you want, Kiddo. 

I hoist my large self up onto said spinner and slowly begin to rotate. I'm feeling good. Wind in my hair. Laughter. Giddy. But then I started to really really pivot. Super fast. Imagine a large screaming bolt of lightning. I call out to Bestie Lala. 

'Just stick your leg out!!' she cries. And that, my friends, is when I took flight.  

Everything happened in slow motion. I stuck out my left leg like a hippo peeing on a tree and felt my not so graceful self levitate into a death roll spiral. When I landed, I was sprawled out like a dead cowboy in a shoot out. 

Everyone stopped. My kids stared. Y'all, even the German Shepard across the street stopped barking. 

I laid on the forgiving rubber ground for a good long while. When I realized I hadn't died, I manged to peel myself up and laugh it off. 

At lunch later, we relived the moment at least 100 times. I concluded, after Bestie Lala's review of the 'flight' that I looked something like this:


Or this:


(Thank you kindly, Bestie Lala for your wonderful photo contributions. I am forever grateful.)

Cheers y'all. I'm definetely drinking some vino this pm!!

Peace. Love. Playgrounds.
XOXO Summer


No comments:

Post a Comment