Saturday, February 1, 2014

Roasted Shrimp

Y'all, I'm all about fast, yummy, cheap dishes. And I'm back on track with Weight Watchers (WW), so I need healthy stuff. This 'Roasted shrimp with broccoli and shiitake mushrooms' was right up our dirt road!

Side note: this recipe calls for some weird liquids BUT I was able to find them all at target so I know Walmart and other grocery stores have them. Also, each bottle is like $4 but worth it. 
Ingredients: 
3 TB toasted sesame oil
3 TB tamari (similar to soy sauce but thicker and richer)
3 TB rice vinegar 
12 oz shiitake mushrooms, stemmed (I used canned 'shrooms, drained and rinsed...cheaper)
1 crown raw broccoli, cut into florets
1 LB large shrimp (the recipe calls for them raw but I could only find precooked at Aldi so that's what I used and cut down my cooking time)

Preheat over to 450 with TWO cookie sheets in them-- you want them hot when you add ingredients. 

Whisk all liquids together. Set aside a few teaspoons for shrimp, toss the majority of sauce with mushrooms and broccoli. Dump onto hot cookie sheet. 

Cook for ten minutes, take out to toss again on sheet, and cook ten more minutes. 

After I tossed the veggies a second time, I coated the shrimp. I know it seems like it's not a lot of sauce left but the shrimp really soaked up the flavor. 

After the broccoli cooked another ten mins, put the shrimp on the other HOT cookie sheet and cook shrimp. Broccoli should also still be in oven. This last step takes about 6 minutes, just long enough for shrimp to heat up to a safe temp of 160. (*10 minutes if you are using raw shrimp. They turn pink when they are done*)

Take everything out of oven and combine in a large bowl. Voila!

I served this dish over buttered, salted rice I had cooking while I was cooking everything else. Minute rice works just fine. :)

Happy eats, friends!

XOXO Summer

PS- my beloved Uncle David showed me this magazine he has started subscribing to. Best money ever spent! This is where I got the recipe. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment