Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Make your own....Cream of Chicken Soup

Preservatives are in almost everything we eat these days and it sorta freaks me out that my kids annihilate their food without even tasting it so I want to make sure at least 1/2 of what they are eating won't preserve THEM. (Call me ridiculous, what ever. Don't call me when your kid gets diabetes....)



I found a simple recipe on Pinterest and I'm quite pleased with the outcome! 

I used my own chicken stock from cooking a chicken in the crockpot (poured juices thru a strainer into a container. Let sit in fridge for a day, scraped off top fat layer-GAG- and voila!)  I only had to use about 1/3 c of store bought broth! So I technically made two cream of chicken soup 'cans' for less than a buck!




I followed the directions exactly and then I blended everything with an immersion blender because I didn't like the texture (it was lumpy from the flour). 

Y'all , it tastes like chicken gravy. Which should be its own food group in my opinion. 

Nummy!

Eat. Pray. Chicken. 
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment