Thursday, September 18, 2014

Bar graphs and color wheels

Y'all, I have always prided myself in being some what mechanically and technologically talented. I can take apart and reassemble a cell phone. Fanangle car buttons. Fix broken parts- mostly. 

Then I drove my parents new car this morning. Holy whiplash. 

There are buttons and toggles and meters that read things I did not even knew existed! 



And math. I hate math. And this fancy schmancy thing had bar graphs on the main dash display, ya'll. What am I supposed to do with that?!



Apparently it's a hybrid and Toyota prides itself on how economical it is to drive. I was just waiting on the blasted thing to pump out a latte or muffin or something. (A machine this high tech much to SOMETHING useful to me....) 

Do you see the green light on right side? NO IDEA what it does. Except flash

My first caution sign should have been my dad's initial instruction: "when you push the start button you won't hear anything but when the 'ready' light goes on you can drive." What?! That sounds like microwave instructions. Ready light??  Are we launching into outer space?

It was a blast to drive (praise the sweet Lord TPD is too busy busting gang members to pull over crazy women drivers UNLIKE myself).  This puppy goes pretty fast (compared to the minivan!)

Sadly, at the end of work I drove it home and turned over the 'keys' to my parentals. I hope they come to visit again soon. It was fun pretending to be cool for a day....

Good job, Toyota! Now figure out how to add a toaster oven and soda dispenser in your 'hybrid hoop ties' and I'll forever drive one. 

Minivan for sale,  
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment