Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Five

TGIF, ya'll!  This week was exhausting!  I learned a valuable lesson...I will never give my children Halloween candy and then send them to school.  It's cruel and unusual punishment!!!

1.  I am going to attempt and follow through with posting each day of November one thing I am thankful for.  Today it is my ah-mazing Daddy.  He is the most caring, intelligent, sweet man.  I have learned so much from him.  :)


2.  I have started jogging again, hoping to get back into running full time!  A teacher friend told me about this fantastic app on her iPhone that has really helped me get started.  It's perfect for people like me who haven't 'worked out' in forever! (2 years...).


  •  It's a 5K marathon trainer but it is so easy...it's free until you get to the 5th or 6th week but I have enjoyed the app so much I ended up buying the whole thing for only $1.99 (WORTH it!)  
  • It even tracks on a satellite map where I ran! 
  • It talks to you ('walk' 'jog' 'warm up', etc...) through your headphones...it also links up to your iTunes so you can listen to your music at the same time.  Isn't that super cool beans?
  • Here's the first week of workouts...

3.  My birthday was about two weeks ago.  My amazing Hubby surprised me with something that touched my heart.  He knows my Grandmother had bought me several Brighton pieces throughout the years and I cherish them so much, especially now that she has passed away.  He found the most beautiful necklace and earrings set!  
I love love LOVE the colors!

4.  SCENTSY!  Since returning to work, I have been able to use my cute Zebra Scentsy burner in my classroom (burning the wax made me so nauseous when I was pregnant).  I just ordered some new wax, I'm so excited to get it and start burnin! (Coconut Lemongrass; Pink Pepper, Peppermint Dreams).

5.  Saw this on the Ellen Show yesterday.  Hysterical!Pretty sure my husband and I are going to try this in a couple of years!

Happy Friday, Ya'll!
xoxo Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment