Wednesday, November 6, 2019

She left the suds in the bucket and the clothes hanging out on the line.....

Ya'll.  When I met my husband THAT NIGHT I told him "I can cook anything but I'm a terrible housewife."

Almost ten years later and I'm still in that dinghy of a boat, singing my little own tune which might or might not be a Spice Girls song.

My point is, I might MIGHT have finally mastered this laundry game.  Don't hold your breath though.  I haven't shrunk anything or dyed a whole mess of whites Peep Pink in over a year...

First off, know when it comes to this jazz I'm CHEAP.  I don't buy bougie fancy crap.  I buy what we need and use all.  of.  it.  So if I'm taking the time to write about it, it's worth your dollar dollar bills, ya'll.  (Anyone remember that song?  Anyone?  No, just me?  Okurrr...)


I have found over the years it doesn't matter if you buy expensive Tide or Members Mark (Sams) laundry soap, as long as you buy the liquid kind, ya stuff will be clean.  (Tide Pods never dissolved completely and I used them up so fast).  Same for fabric softener.  Any smell will do, from the creepy Bear brand to whatever Sams or Costco has on sale at the time.  Oh an dryer sheets!  I buy cheapo Aldi brand and they work great!  (I also run those bad boys through my daughter's hair when the frizz sets in.  That ish is magic!)

I throw in vinegar whenever I do towels or underwear/socks.  I never measure.  I just dump.  Like maybe a cup?  Maybe 2?  I don't know.  It's Russian roulette but stuff comes out fresh and never sour!

Shout Color Catcher's are a godsend for when I am washing a load of Husby's work stuff because I forget he has white undershirts in there and these guys keep them from looking frumpy.

Shout is a main staple in my house basically for anything hahaha!  I use it as carpet cleaner and spot treatment on decorative stuff like pillows also.  If something is really gross I'll dump a cup (or 2?) in a big ol bowl with water and let the yucky stuff soak over night.  Or two nights.  #YOLO

Oxi Clean White Revive is something I would recommend for anyone who is scared of bleach.  I use bleach in almost all of my white loads but some of the kids' white clothes have designs/logos that will get messed up from bleach.  These little doodads work super well!  On big loads I do have to use two but I bought this first pack over a month ago in my monthly Subscribe and Save order from Amazon (another blog post another time, I promise), and I still haven't used the entire package. 

I hope this inspires/helps/bores? some of you out there in the world. wide. webs.  It's POURING rain here in Tulsa and my big ol scary dogs are hiding in my closet til it subsides.  Life is RUFF.  HA! 

What have you dyed pink lately?
XOXO Summer





No comments:

Post a Comment