Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Breakfast Casserole

One of my closest friends made this at our last Bible study meeting and I pretty much ate half the pan....


Since I'm die hard WW (Weight Watchers) these days I tried to 'skinny' it out. Here's what I did:

Oven: 375 degrees 
Ingredients: 
-big can buttermilk biscuits (I could not find light version....)
-6 egg WHITES
-2 whole eggs
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I'm too spoiled to use fat free...)
- 1/3 c turkey sausage crumbles (Jummy Dean, next to bacon and sausage in deli area)
-3/4 c milk (skim)

1. Cut biscuits up into little pieces and put in a greased (cooking spray) 9X13 pan. 

2.  Combine milk and eggs into a bowl and pour mixture over biscuit pieces. 

3. Sprinkle turkey sausage and cheddar cheese on top. 

4.  Cover with foil and cook for 35-40 minutes. Remove foil, cook another ten minutes until center is firm and cheese is melted. 


I cannot begin to tell you how happy this makes my tummy. I counted out 8 points for 1/6th of this. OMG. Serve with fresh seasonal fruit. Or white peppered sausage gravy. Oh y'all. I need a moment. 

And all the people said amen,
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment