Thursday, May 1, 2014

Cheddar Coins

An amazing road trip this weekend with Besties means I'm cooking up a storm before hand! (Y'all know I gotta eat every hour!). I found this gem in my latest Good Housekeeping magazine. YUMMY! They are like cheesy, savory cookies-but NOT sweet!

Ready for the low down?

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 TB corn starch
1 tsp sugar 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (I used chili powder)
10 TB butter, cold, cut into pieces-- you HAVE to use the real deal in this recipe!!

Combine everything but butter in food processor. When mostly combined, add butter cubes. Combine for 1-2 minutes, you'll know it's ready because a dough ball of cheesy, heavenly goodness will magically appear. 

Form into ball, chill for 2 hrs (or 15 mins in freezer). 

Roll dough into 1/4 in thickness, cut out and place on cookie sheet. I am cheap so I used a glass turned upside down as a cookie cutter. I used a silpat (EVERYONE NEEDS ONE!!) but parchment paper also works well in your cookie sheet.  


Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. These cheesy guys don't rise, so watch carefully at around 13 minutes.


Happy eats!!
XOXO Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment